power mosfet without diode ?

Subject says it all really, each power mosfet I find has a internal diode, anyone suggest and 100V 10A devices without diode ? Nobosy seems to make um like that :-\

cheers, Chris

Reply to
exxos

MOSFET's don't handle spikes. The diode is to protect from spikes in the opposite direction of the applied voltage, when using coils and such. Why is this a problem for you?

--
MVH,
Vidar

www.bitsex.net
Reply to
Vidar Løkken

Becasue as per my other post, I am using one to soft start a supply rail, the problem is when the mosfet turns off, the smoothing capacitor's charge is flowing though the diode and keeping the mosfet from turning off..... I guess I will just have to block the reverse voltage with another diode..

Chris

Reply to
exxos

Why

or perhaps two mosfets in series with one "backwards"?

Reply to
CWatters