high speed gate drive for mosfets

Hi all,

Has anyone got any idea for high speed switching for power mosfets ? a typical mosfet has like 3,000pf gate capacitance and my driver can just about cope with 1mhz, but 2mhz my drive wave appears like a sawtooth wave, so the mosfets never really hit fully on or so, so they heat up like hell... Theres some small info on using a class C and class E design though I dont have any experiance in these, I think the class c design is for ham radio users driving up into the 10mhz range...

If anyone can suggest something to look into then this would help me out...

thanks, chris

Reply to
exxos

http://www.micrel.com/_PDF/mic4451.pdf
Reply to
John Fields

wow, thats one sexy bit of kit! thanks, Chris

Reply to
exxos