D type connectors

Hi all,

trying to find a source for 19way D-dype male connectors, tried everywhere I can think of any everywhere I can find on google, no luck anywhere :-( has anyone spotted um on thier travels ? would help if it was in UK too.

Cheers, Chris

Reply to
exxos

has

RS Components appera to have some depending what type.

Part numbers Plug 472700 Socket 472724

Reply to
CWatters

Hi,

As far as I know, they only exist in "Solder Bucket"-version. No PCB-types, no shells, ...

Check No. 472-700 and 472-724 at Farnell:

HTH, Mark Van Borm

Reply to
Mark VB

I don't believe that, I went around RS and farnell countless times, all I could find was 9,25ways etc, nothing in 19W at all, tried every combo of the words I could think of and never once did the search come up with that! Even just put in like "D Type" and went though a list, 48 items came up, everything BUT 19W! what did you put in to get it up ??? Would seem one is not compatible with farnell's search engine :-(

thanks! chris

Reply to
exxos

Well, actually I found them in my paper catalogue :-) But they do show up at Farnell's via Connectors\D\Miscellanous and then using the Parametric search.

Mark VB

Reply to
Mark VB

Don't worry it's not you! I'm sure I typed "19W D-Type" and they were about item 9 on the list of results. Just tried it again and I can't find them!

Reply to
CWatters

There's something weird about those parts - the datasheet linked from the part page does not mention any 19 pin parts, and the illustrated connector is 25 pins, by my count. The datasheet says the part number should start with three letters, with the third one being the shell size, but the part number shown is SD19PTD - no shell size???

I'm sure I've never seen a 19 pin connector in ITT/Cannon's D-Subminature series we get here in North America.

--
Peter Bennett, VE7CEI
peterbb4 (at) interchange.ubc.ca

*phew* , You have better luck than me at finding stuff most times too ;-)

Chrsi

Reply to
exxos

hmmm, farnell can be a bit iffy on such things, like the other day I ordered some surface mount opto's which going by the image were SOIC package, turns out they are not, my bad for going by images alone!

19pin is used on the Back of Atari's ;-)

Chris

Reply to
exxos

Are they "normal density" (pin spacing the same as DB25, DE9)?

What is the shell size - somewhere between DA15 and DB25? Or are they one of the higher density varieties, with three rows of pins?

I'm beginning to suspect that they may be made especially for/by Atari.

--
Peter Bennett, VE7CEI
peterbb4 (at) interchange.ubc.ca
Peter Bennett

Like the 23 pin Commodore used on their first Amiga computers so you had to buy the printer cable from them. I think the "D" style connectors used for the keyboard on their SX-64 computer was custom, as well. I'll have to see how many pins they used, but I don't remember ever finding the connectors anywhere.

--
Link to my "Computers for disabled Veterans" project website deleted
after threats were telephoned to my church.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

they look like just longer DB9 or shorter DB25's, nothing very special about um, just 19pin is hard to find.

chris

Reply to
exxos