Optically isolated audio cable

Does any one know of a manufacturer/supplier of optically isolates audiocables that I could use to connect a small biofeedback device that generates a tone to the microphone input of a PC?

Thanks in advance for you help

Adam Sargant

Reply to
Adam Sargant

DO you absolutely need optoisolation ?

Would just an audio frequency isolation transformer be suitable for your application ?

--
Tomi Engdahl (http://www.iki.fi/then/)
http://www.epanorama.net/

How about this:

Kal

Reply to
Kalman Rubinson

eep... I don't know, I'm no electronics engineer, though I do know one :-)

I'm working on a piece of software that would interact with the galvanic skin response expressed as an auditory tone, and the easiest way I could think of doing this was to plug the (already comercially available) GSR device into the line in or mic in of a pc... but I am advised that if the application is ever to be commercially viable (it may not be, that's a long way down the line) I would be required to isolate the GSR device from the PC, for the obvious reasons... if there is another way of doing it, I would be grateful for any references.

Adam

Reply to
Adam Sargant

Way out of my cost league, but thanks for the response

--
Adam Sargant
Reply to

--
You don't really need anything fancy; you ought to be able to do it
with a simple optoisolator.

"Adam Sargant" wrote

Use a small 1:1 transformer - one winding connected to the gizmo's speaker terminals - plug the other winding into the 'line' input. Any transformer will work.

If the device generates a tone might you tape a microphone to it and plug the mic into the PC? It would get you going for next to $0.00.

--
Nicholas O. Lindan, Cleveland, Ohio
Consulting Engineer:  Electronics; Informatics; Photonics.

long

would

What's the output of the GSR device?

Analog? Perhaps you could digitise it using a battery powered PIC (or similar and have the PIC output TOSLINK.

Reply to
CWatters