Go Video GV-4020 - Intermittent Problems

I need help to remedy an intermittent problem with deck#1 of a GV-4020 go video deck. The functions are dead most of the time. If you unplug it and plug it in, it will sometimes function untill you unplug it again.

The service manual is no longer available thru regular service centers and I tried everything from swapping parts from #2deck and resoldering entire board. I suspect the Syscon (I.C.) but have no info or experience with this unit. I have been told that the problem is typical of these Dual tape units.

Thank you for any help,

Reply to
ntlworld

this

units.

Did you try sci.electronics.repair?

Reply to
Baphomet

Yes i have a post there also, no luck so far...

go

and

and

Reply to
M Smith

this

units.

I've had problems with "cold solder joints" on the front circuit board. Take the front cover off & remove the front circuit board. Check the connector where the board connects to the main circuit board.

Reply to
Patch