Zenith SR2568S problems -Intermittent Blue

I have a 1995 Zenith SR2568S. Problems started with it about a month or so ago. The blue keeps cutting out, but usually comes back by itself, or when I hit the TV. (You have to try this first....) I've taken a preliminary look at the set, but I haven't found anything amiss. This is the first TV I've opened in a while, and it's not at all what I was expecting. Adjustment pots and whatnot aren't labeled, at least not without having a service manual nearby. Also, the captions seem to run together at times. The new ones are pasted over the old ones, but not always. But this problem could just be caused by using the same VCR tape to record programs with over and over again. Also, sometimes I get an abnormal sound from the oscillator, louder and a little higher pitched than normal. I think this may be a symptom of the problem. The biggest frustration is the lack of a service manual. First I called Zenith, and they're out of them. None of the service manual aftermarkets seem to have it. Internet searches have turned up nothing. (I'd be willing to buy one if someone has one they're willing to part with.) Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Kevin

--
Kevinm
Reply to