Phillips question.

Main board replaced, due to smashed original, now plug it in, unit comes on, & you have to unplug to turn it off. Works fine, but "F" in top right of screen..."factory" mode. Talked to Tech in Ontario, tried all his suggestions, like holding vol up, channel down...etc, etc...! He's not sure, nor are his co-workers up there. Replace the EEPROM with the one from the damaged original board? Rono.

Reply to
Rono

A model number would help. You probably need to use the factory service remote to exit factory mode. I don't think you can do it with the regular remote and service menu. Swapping the EEPROM from the old board would probably do it and you also won't need to make as many adjustments to the new chassis. Andy Cuffe

snipped-for-privacy@psu.edu

Reply to
Andy Cuffe

Thanks andy, I don't have the model, it's at work. I'll check it Monday, & post it. Rono.

Reply to
Rono

Replaced EEPROM, works fine. Rono.

Reply to