Re: running synthesizer on batteries

IMHO if you want to be really clever, you could make a battery pack which

>fits into the existing battery compartment ... using high capacity >NiCad/NiMH cells. Note that the D cell Nicads are 50% air/plastic so they >arent the best choice-use tagged 4Ah nicads or NiMH's and remove the tags

I have two questions: (1) Since I am fairly clueless but would like to be really clever by making a battery pack which fits into the existing battery compartment, could someone explain in words of one syllable how to do it? (2) Since I posted my original question in 2000, have any other options for providing portable power to a keyboard synthesizer become available?

Ignorantly, Allan Adler snipped-for-privacy@zurich.ai.mit.edu

  • *
  • Disclaimer: I am a guest and *not* a member of the MIT Artificial *
  • Intelligence Lab. My actions and comments do not reflect *
  • in any way on MIT. Moreover, I am nowhere near the Boston *
  • metropolitan area. *
  • *
Allan Adler

These days the cells to use would be "Sub-C size" NiMH with a capacity around 3000 or 3300 mAH. They offer good energy density while being reasonably easy to charge. You can buy cells of this size with tags welded on the ends - these tags can be soldered together to make a pack of cells.

keyboard

making

for

*