FM Radio changing frequencies

Hi all,

I want to know how it is possible to change the frequencies on a FM radio to get the correct Police or other company/something's frequency and listen to them. I live in Macedonia so I think it would be that easy.

Cheers! Aleksandar Kiselinov

Reply to
helius

Possible? Yes.

Easily? That TOTALLY depends on the specific radio you're going to try to do it to. Some models, it'll be as easy as carefully tweaking a coil or fiddling with the tuning capacitor. Other models might require an almost complete-from-scratch redesign.

Basically, you have to move the tuning range from the broadcast FM band to whatever frequency your "target" uses. Doing that might be easy, or it might be complex, or it might even be impossible, depending on your radio's exact circuit details.

There's simply no way to tell in advance without having detailed circuit information on the exact radio you're going to try doing it to.

--
Don Bruder - dakidd@sonic.net - If your "From:" address isn't on my whitelist,
ever knowing it arrived. Sorry...  for more info

I have done it for my FM radio in the past, when we still had NON-encoded police radio just below the FM band. The problem was that the FM modulation depth was only 15 KHZ instead of the 250 KHZ used by commercial FM stations, so the sound was very soft and when turned up, the noise level in between transmissions was horrible. Today we only have encoded police/ambulance/emergency services.

Reply to
Sjouke Burry

A BFO might avoid the need to disturb the radio's internal adjustments.

Reply to
ian field