Fairchild Semi Stock?

Anyone know of a supplier who has stock of Fairchild Semiconductors KA1H0265R in the 100KHz 4 pin TO-220 package? The KA5H0265R is meant to be equivalent but appears to only be available in a TO-220 5 pin package?

--
Clint Sharp
Reply to

According to Fairchild,

the KA1H0265R is available, but it's on lifetime buy status.

While the KA5H0265R is given as a replacement, and comes in a 4 pin and 5 pin TO-220 as well as an 8 pin DIP, the availability is "not recommended" whatever that means.

--
John Fields
Reply to

In message , John Fields writes

With the inherent problems this brings, long lead times and massive MOQ from anyone who admits to having heard of it.

I've found that Mouser have stock of one of the KA5H0265R devices, but the datasheet gives the type as a five pin device, I may order some if Mouser will ship to the UK and experiment with the fifth pin.

--
Clint Sharp
Reply to

I would assume that to mean that they have some, but don't guarantee that they'll get more or be able to get more.

Bill @ GarberStreet Enterprizez };-) Web Site -

Email - willy46pa @ comcast DOT net Change DOT to a dot to contact me

--
This email ain't infected, dude!

Bill Garber

--
_Make_ more?

Looking into it a little further, at:

http://www.fairchildsemi.com/pf/KA%2FKA5H0265RC.html

it looks like they're still making and selling them, but they're not
recommended for new designs.

Their "FPS" (Fairchild Power Switch) lineup is here:

http://www.fairchildsemi.com/whats_new/green_fps.html

and it looks like they've got some fairly kick-ass stuff available for
new designs.
Reply to
John Fields

: >I would assume that to mean that they have some, but : >don't guarantee that they'll get more or be able to : >get more. : : --- : _Make_ more?

Yes, you're right, make more would be correct. What the 7734 was I thinking? :o)

: Looking into it a little further, at: : :

: : it looks like they're still making and selling them, : but they're not recommended for new designs. : : Their "FPS" (Fairchild Power Switch) lineup is here: : :
: : and it looks like they've got some fairly kick-ass : stuff available for new designs.

But of course, why recommend the less expensive older components when they have newer more expensive ones in the making. :o)

Bill @ GarberStreet Enterprizez };-) Web Site -

Email - willy46pa @ comcast DOT net Change DOT to a dot to contact me

--
This email ain't infected, dude!

Bill Garber

--- Now, now, Bill... Be fair.

Fairchild's making a lot of the legacy stuff that nobody else seems to want to screw with, and charging less for it than most. That is, last time I looked.

Plus, IMO they're good guys trying to come back to life and I sure hope they make it since I have fond memories of doing 400MHz logic in the '70's with their 100K ECL, and I'd like to see them shine again.

-- John Fields

Reply to
John Fields

Oh no, didn't I grin big enough again. 8O) How's that, do you see it this time. :o)

Bill @ GarberStreet Enterprizez };-) Web Site -

Email - willy46pa @ comcast DOT net Change DOT to a dot to contact me

--
This email ain't infected, dude!

Bill Garber

These new parts *are* low cost ($0.92), and may actually lower the total cost of a design. But their appeal to me is in wasting as little as 300mW at "standby" power levels, while delivering 300mW to the load, e.g. see FSDH0265RN. You get say 5.0V at 60mA from the AC line, while consuming only 0.6W, which is 5kW-hr/year. Cool. And save $3/yr in electricity. Now that's an honest low cost design!

Thanks, - Win

(email: use hill_at_rowland-dot-org for now)

Reply to
Winfield Hill
[snip]

Thinking about it, there might not be anything wrong with get. They may have abandoned fabrication, and outsourced the manufacture. The fab company might want a standard setup fee and if the marketers decide that the costs outweigh the projected sales, and they might lose money on it, then they might not submit a request for quote from the fab company.

Reply to
Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun, th

--
Well, if you want to take it out of the realm of conjecture and
determine for sure whether you've actually gotten ahold of the straw