Equivalent to Fairchild 74F151 8:1 Multiplexer

We're planning on using the Fairchild 74F151A in a new design, but I am concerned about its future availabilty. We need both its speed (10ns max data delay) and its 5V compatibility. As a backup, I've been looking for another manufacturer who makes equivalent chips but the only ones I've found are Phillips and Motorola, and neither seem to make them anymore.

Could anyone please suggest an alternative manufacturer of a fast 8:1 digital multiplexer? Many thanks.

-- Jim

Reply to
Jim

Texas Instruments shows the 74AS151 as still active. I did a quick look at those specs and they are very similar to the "F" family -- the AS part is actually a bit faster than the "F" part.

You could also use a 16-pin CPLD in a pinch, programmed to emulate the '151.

Tom

Reply to
tlbs101

Many thanks Tom, that's great! The CPLD idea is a good one too.

-- Jim

Reply to
Jim