Can anyone identify this AMP connector?

I wondered if anyone could help me identify this connector I am having trouble sourcing.

The connector is still being used in new vehicle applications and has been used since about 2001/2002

Housing dimensions are 35mm long x 20mm x 15mm

The pins are rear loaded, with seals and measure 1.8mm x 0.6mm

The only identification is the name AMP on both the outer housing and the inner pin retainer

I can't find anything remotely like it on the amp (tyco) websites

Any responses to the newsgroup please, all email to my usenet posting address usually gets dumped.

Reply to
Martin Evans

Maybe this document covers the connector in question...

...converted to a tinyurl in case the wrapping is an issue:

w2aew

I'm already aware of that type, It's close in some respects but the

2x3 contact configuration is not available. Thanks for trying!
Reply to
Martin Evans

--
Have you tried AMP (TYCO)?

800 522 6752
Reply to
John Fields

A colleague tried phoning AMP before I (and the others in here who chipped in) came on the case!

I finally tracked it down via a very circuitous route (basically found someone else who used a similar connector) For the record It's an Econoseal 3 (low current version) with 0.070 terminals.

It's a pity AMP don't put part numbers on the housing shells rather than just the trademark. It would have saved about 3 weeks worth of delay!

Reply to
Martin Evans