Latest threads in General Electronicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Crystal Oscillator High Voltage
Can you change the frequency a crystal resonates at by applying a very high voltage across it(through a high value resistor) so causing it to be compressed somewhat due to the electrostatic force....
5
5

Laser-based display?
Hi folks, I'm interested in creating a display device that I can build cheaply and which can cast an image onto a wall, whether the wall is near or far. Imagine I'm walking down the street, I take a...
7
7

Large LED display?
Hi all, Has anybody here ever tried to create a large display using just LEDs, like a 640x480 display for eventual use with a computer after control logic is added? I know, skeptics will say that's...
11
11

hp officejet 4110 all-in-one
I just found a hp officejet 4110 all-in-one printer-fax-scanner-copier on the street in a pile of trash. It didn't have a printer cable; all I have is the device itself. I picked it up in the hope...
21
21

GSM dialer for Alarm
GSM Dialers for household alarm systems cost a lot when compared to the cost of a mobile phone. I believe it should be possible to program up a single chip micro to issue AT commands to a regular...
4
4

FREE Information Seminar
Hi there Canadian Immigration Consultancy will have a FREE Information Seminar Schedule on How to become an Independent Immigrant in Canada at our Main Office. We will also introduce the New...
1
1

DVD player freezes up
I have an Audiovox Movies 2Go player in a van. It will no longer play a full movie. It will play for as little as 15min or up to an hour then the image freezes on the screen. It will not respond to...
6
6

sorry
Hi. I'm sorry I wasn't able to deliver your message to one or more destinations. Undeliverable mail to Message follows:
2
2

-- Magnetic motor 1, the static magnetic field 1) Motor
-- Magnetic motor 1, the static magnetic field 1) Motor, Edison is a classic -- for the motor commutator. It gave birth to a commutator Early glory and pride of Health also has its challenges by the...
3
3

802.11x, PCMCIA (or USB) adapter with RSSI and external antenna
Hi, There are vast amunt of variety for 802.11 network adapter cards in the market. For an experiement I am searching for 802.11x (a,b,g) adapter card with PCMCIA (or USB) interface. This experiments...
2
2

Voltage reduction
Hi, I have had a watercooled PC for a couple of years now, it's quiet but could be made quieter by reducing the speed of the pump, which has always been the loudest part of the setup. I'm looking for...
9
9

Tesla created a weapon called a death ray!
I'm interested in any information on the invention. I have read several articles about him and they say that his work was stolen after his death. I'm wondering if any one developed this weapon? I have...
18
18

Top Motorola KRZR K1
Top Motorola KRZR K1 Color: Cosmic Blue For Only: $439.99 Motorola KRZR K1 Features: Display/Camera Features: Main display type TFT/TFD 176 x 220 pixels with 262,144 (18-bit) colors Second external...

Electric miniscooter charinging from 12v motorhome alternator?
I don't know if this is the best group, if not please let me know appropriate group to post to. I'd like to get two of the entry-level miniscooters for doing shortrange 'grocery' runs and keep them in...
12
12

internet accelarator
Hi: I came across your yahoo group. I would like to introduce to you a revolutionary product JetBrowse web accelerator ( ) This software increases your existing Internet connection speeds by more than...
1
1