Latest threads in General Electronicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Commode diode
I'm looking for a schematic for a commode-diode, a device I can put between the battery connections on my little portable radio at my workstation where I can push a button that will trigger a normally...
5
5

Re: Had it with Radio Shack
You certainly lasted a lot longer than most. The beginning of the end started about 5 years ago, when I noticed that parts stocks where no longer being replenished. The Manager confided to me that the...
22
22

Re: S:measuring raining water tank
If you want it to work, I'd follow the 'KISS' principle and keep it very simple. Something as simple and inexpensive as a float attached to a push-rod that drives a pivot arm attached to a...
1
1

IR receiver for KVM monitor switch
I'm starting for scratch knowledge wise. I want to modify a KVM (Keyboard, Video, Mouse) switch to receive discrete IR commands for switch to port 1 or 2. Current KVM switches take a series of strokes...
1
1

Free vehicle immobilizer design
Free vehicle immobilizer design Get a load of this guy!

Re: Hi all, newbie with a ?
Well Dave, You sound like you have a moderate amount of knowledge and I assume that you tried to locate a schematic. Draw the circuit from the pc board traces. Look at the holes where the transistor...
1
1

RF Transistor Selection
Hi, I am working on a rf preamp project and I've been having trouble finding a transistor. Some of the transistors are not stable for the frequencies that I'm working on (2 different preamps for...
3
3

Re: Inverter use question
Thanks. I got the "60W" from where the 120v power cord enters the powered speaker... there is a label that says something like "120v / 60w"

Re: eer new
OK, and I'll guess $100.00/mile. Since they're both just unsubstantiated guesses, mine's as likely to be correct as yours is. Now SHOW me I'm wrong.... Bob M.
22
22

Re: Alternate treatment for depression
Oh? Where else do you suppose that consciousness located, the feet? I doubt this, in general. "Treatment" is often just a There is no denying that sometimes depression is due to your wife buggering...
23
23

Re: Blocking skynet.be
This would work if all email went through the respective ISP's servers. Almost all legitimate emails do. Most spammers abuse insecure systems (usually in foreign countries such as Korea) which relay...
4
4

Re: Twin cored co-axial cables
In message , Bob Myers writes You could also mooch around your local computer salvage place and watch out for IBM System 36/38 or AS/400 kit, they used Twinaxial cable, though I'm not sure of the...
4
4

Re: Why Are There No Right Angle Traces?
(the because explain Indeed, that is to be expected. The electrons are charged, so they repel their neighbours. They can only change direction or move if there is an inbalence in forces, so they will...
33
33

Re: A New Hope For the Working Engineer
Yes, you will starve them so its easier for you to shoot them. You really are a psychopath.
60
60

Q: cheap case for Advantech boards?
Hi, I've got several different Advantech 3.5" biscuit SBC's that I'm playing around with. Since I'm only a hobbyist, I would like to find cheap cases that these boards can go into. Since they're...
3
3