Xilinx Spartan2E options?

I have a product series that has mostly moved to Spartan 3A, but one member of the family is still using up boards made some time ago with the Spartan2E. I just found a mistake in all of the designs -- left out synchronizers on one input!

I fixed the Spartan3A configurations, but no longer have a version of Ise 10 running. Looking through some files, I see there is a directory on my Ise

14.7 install - aISE_DS/ISE/spartan2e, so it seems at least some of the files needed to synthesize for the Spartan2E are there, but of course the main GUI doesn't allow you to select that family. (This is on a Linux system.)

Does anyone know if Spartan2E can be synthesized on Ise 14.7 by re-enabling that family? I think I can probably boot up one of the archived hard drives that had Ise 10 on it if I have to, but that would be a bit of a pain. This should be a one-time need, just to get this one PROM file corrected.

Thanks!

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

I'm pretty sure that any Spartan2e info still in the latest ISE is only for programming (BSDL files, etc.) and you can't target those parts in

14.7 (or anything after 10.1.03).
--
Gabor
Reply to

You certainly can't select them in the GUI. Yes, impact/BDSL may be the reason these files remain there.

Thanks,

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

Well, wasn't that big of a deal. Downloaded 10.1.03, installed it, re- synthesized the corrected project, and it seems to work fine. Still a bit more testing to do to be sure there aren't any unexpected behavior, but a quick check looks OK. Thank goodness Xilinx still has these legacy versions available!

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson