Xilinx LogiCORE PCI32

where I can read about use PCI-core user application signals? I use this core in target mode. I whant to do standart microprocessor protocol from userside of PCI-core.

thank, Vasiliy Zamyatin

Reply to
axalay

adress is not decoded ( BASE_HIT = 0 always ). Way?

Reply to
axalay

I'd start with the manual that comes with the core: it's the "documentation" checkbox on the core download page. When you realize that you need to understand PCI in general in order to read Xilinx's documentation on their PCI core, then I'd suggest you turn to the PCI spec, which you'll probably have to purchase from pci-sig.

Reply to
Brannon

"Why?"

Has the memory space been configured in your cfg.v file? Has your system configured the FPGA's PCI BAR?

If you are *brand* new to PCI, the Xilinx training on that core might do you a *world* of good. The next class appears to be November in San Jose, CA, USA. Just go to the Xilinx home page, Education and Training, then search on PCI.

Reply to
John_H

Has your host configured the core? and have you checked that host isn't locked in a cycle waiting for a response? That's very easy to do if your backend logic isn't correct.

If none of the latter and you can boot to Win 2K or XP try a utility called PCI32 and it will show you if you card is being "seen". Look for the vendor ID and device ID to identify your card in the list. If it hasn't changed the file cfg.vhd or equivalent has the vendor and device IDs in it.

John Adair Enterpoint Ltd. - Home of Broaddown2. The Ultimate Spartan3 PCI Development Board.

John Adair

Pcitree is also a very good tool to do PCI diagnostics. I've used it extensively to test my design. Pcitree can also write to the configuration registers and access I/O and memory on the card.

--
Reply to nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
Nico Coesel