XILINX Ethernet MAC (URGENT...)

hello,

I am trying to interface between my pc (windows) and a Xilinx Virtex2Pro board using ethernet. i am told i require Xilinx PLB Ethernet MAC ip core. i must admit i am very new to such work, forgive my blatantness.... i would like to know:

1) What exactly do i get in the Xilinx Ethernet MAC ip core? (design files etc?)

2) Using XPS (EDK 9.1) and ISE 9.1, how do i integrate it into an existing project?

3) the ethernet is just a part of the project.... i only need to transfer data between my pc and the board.... should the MAC be a part of the board?

4) do i have to use an embedded processor (microblaze/powerpc) to integrate the MAC?

Please let me know as soon as possible, and keep it as simple as possible- i am new to this.

thanks in advance Awaiting your advice

vikram

Reply to
vikram

Dear Mike

Got that part.... Once the core is in the repository in EDK, do I add it to my project through XPS as a peripheral (using the create/import peripheral option) or do i use the Add/Edit core option? after this, do i just download it to the board?

thanks vikram

Reply to
vikram

I don't think you got that part, because it would be the same as using any other Xilinx-provided core. For me, I just drag it from the Available Cores list on the left-hand window pane into the System Assembly in the right-hand window pane. If that doesn't work, I recommend reading up on how to use EDK. A good starting point is the EDK reference manual.

Reply to
morphiend