Virtex-4FX and ethernet mac

Hallo, I'm planning to buy a development board based on Virtex-4FX.

I have read about V-4FX that ethernet mac is inside the FPGA.

I should buy also the license to use it when I make a project into EDK for plb interface?

Many Thanks Marco

Reply to
Marco T.

You don't need a special license to use the embedded Virtex4 TriMode Ethernet MAC.

Check out Gigabit System Reference Design (GSRD) such an EDK project:

Paul

"Marco T." wrote:

Reply to
Paul Hartke

No, Ethernet MAC is hard core and it's free

Reply to
leevv

Many Thanks to everyone for the replies. Marco

Reply to
Marco T.

But, be careful though, there isn't any s/w support for it in EDK yet.

Cheers, Jon

Reply to
Jon Beniston

"Jon Beniston" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

Thanks Jon,

I was sure EDK supports the hardcore EMAC - but afer looking closer it seems that there is no support in edk7.1 :(

any info if it is included in EDK 8.1 ? or is it coming in some EDK 8.1 service pack (like DDR2 support) ?

Antti

Reply to
Antti Lukats