ARM with Ethernet MAC+PHY?

Hello all,

I am looking for an ARM processor with integrated Ethernet MAC _and_ PHY. Appreciate any suggetsions.

Thanks, Abdul

Reply to
abduln

The AT91SAM7X could be a good choice.

Reply to
johnny.karlsson

Nice processor, but no PHY.

Regards, Richard.

*Now for ARM CORTEX M3!*
Reply to
Richard

Has it to be an ARM, if not => ColdFire 5223x

--
42Bastian
Do not email to bastian42@yahoo.com, it's a spam-only account :-)

AT76C910 will do , but wont be available in low volume. You will not gain any board size, since you will need external memory. You will not gain any power consumption benefits (see above) You will not gain any price advantage, since the 910 is more expensive than the SAM7X.

So why do you need the integration?

--
Best Regards,
Ulf Samuelsson
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Ulf Samuelsson

Is it the correct partnumber ? Can't find it on

Or do I have to be a first tier customer ? :-)

--
42Bastian
Do not email to bastian42@yahoo.com, it's a spam-only account :-)
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
42Bastian Schick

Found it, it is at76C901.

--
42Bastian
Do not email to bastian42@yahoo.com, it's a spam-only account :-)
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
42Bastian Schick

Yes, it is an ASSP and they are normally not on the web site. You need large volume to get it (50ku).

--
Best Regards,
Ulf Samuelsson
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Ulf Samuelsson

No, That is a VoIP chip with WLAN.

--
Best Regards,
Ulf Samuelsson
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Ulf Samuelsson

I have to second that idea:

Ethernet Mac AND Phy

512K of Flash 32K of Ram 3 uarts I2C SPI CAN 10 timers 8 PWM 8 12 bit A/D real time clock and industrial temperature range in a single part.

Paul

Reply to
pbreed

Thanks for all suggestions.

CF5223x looks like a good chip. Reason for preferring ARM is GCC support and prior experience with the architecture. An integrated PHY has the obvious advantages of lower chip count, smaller PCB, and fewer failure points. Does GCC support ColdFire?

Regards, Abdul

Reply to
abduln

of course simply google for coldfire+gcc you will be surprised. Heinz

Reply to
Heinz-Jürgen Oertel

He shouldn't be too surprised - after all, the original gcc target was the 68k family. The ColdFire is also the original target for ucLinux (although it is not suitable for small integrated devices like the CF5223x), even though the Arm port is probably more popular these days.

Reply to
David Brown