XAPP851 fifo36 missing

I need the FIFO36 entity for XAPP851 (DDR SDRAM Controller Using Virtex-5 FPGA Devices). Either it wasn't in the zip file or I lost it while unzipping it.

Thanks in advance,

Brad Smallridge AiVision

Reply to
Brad Smallridge

On second look, it cound be that FIFO36 is part of the unisim library? Then why don't I have it? Is it because I'm running ISE 7.1? Or is it that the Web release doesn't support it? Is it part of Synplicity?

Brad Smallridge

Reply to
Brad Smallridge

That's a primitive, so it should be in the UNISIM library. It's new with the Virtex-5 (Virtex-4 had a FIFO16). So you might neet to update ISE. See if you have a fifo36.v in xilinx/verilog/src/unisims. If not you need to update.

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Neilson

Yeah, but I'm trying to fit this code to a Virtex-4 on an ML402 dev board so maybe I'll change the fifo36 back to fifo16. There are two generics on the fifo36 part that don't appear on the fifo16: DO_REG => 1, EN_SYN => FALSE,

Brad Smallridge AiVision

Reply to
Brad Smallridge