X3100A design with Synplify 8.8 and foundation 1.5 possible?

Hi

foundation 1.5 mapper terminates on windows XP with GPF fault, i wonder if it is caused by incompatibility with winXP or maybe the edif file generated with synplify is somehow bad?

or any other recommendations how to create bit file from VHDL for XC3100A FPGA

Antti

Reply to
Antti

[...]

why not setup up a vmware sandbox with win95 (or something like that) and running the old tools in this box?

(and it is much easier to backup the vmware image)

WD

Reply to
Walter Dvorak

yes can do that - my question was how likely is F 1.5 to work at all on 95 or NT ok, i also checked the M 1.5 with sch, it also GPF on map so its not the synplify edif issue

weird I also installed F 3.1 that according to xilinx should also support 3100A but it doesnt so i still may need to get M 1.5 working somehow

Antti

Reply to
Antti