IDE to Flash memory

Hi,

I'm looking for some ideas to make an IDE to NAND or NOR flash memory interface. Have you ever heard about something about this (ip, project, chip...) ?

Thanks. Franck.

Reply to
Franck

make your homework ;)

Antti

Reply to
Antti

Thanks,

I have seen this product but this is not flexible enough for me. This king of chip is too specific, that why I wanted to do this with a fpga. I don't know exactly how flash memory works so I'm not able to know which throughput I could reach with an IDE interface and a flash memory controller in a fpga....

I thought someone else could have done this before, then I would gain some time...

Anyway, I'll have to shearch by myself :)

Reply to
Franck

you are asking for "commercial grade" IP core. I have done evalution/search for similar case, the closest you get are partial IP solutions for around 20.000 USD or so for the ATAPI device IP core.

I bet you will find it not free what you are looking for

Antti

Reply to
Antti

Thanks Antti,

I think I'm going to have to study ATA standard and flash memory mechanism :)

Regards, Franck.

Reply to
Franck