Where i can get the programming sequence of CoolRunner?

Hello,

Can anyone help me to get the programming sequence of CoolRunner CPLD to program through boundary-scan pins?

Regards, chi

Reply to
chi

I advice you to use to remote the JTAG from SVF file or a binary file of SVF if you want to remote from an embedded processor. SVF is a nice ASCII file format. Both XILINX and ALTERA pupose this format. AND the format is supported by many ATPG for Boundary Scan (Board TEST).

NOTE: the SVF is nice for downloading FPGA and CPLD or for testing PCB, but is to heavy for debugging processor !

If your are doing a commercial product, we have build our own SVF player (actually we can remote JTAG for any XILINX FPGA/CPLD or ALTERA FPGA). Written in native C, we have tested it from a PC over EPP port and from our ARM platform. (fully used by our Chameleon POD Programmer)

Contact me for more info.

Regards, Laurent Gauch

Amontec Team, Laurent Gauch

Chi, we could not get through to your e-mail address. Here is what I have been asked to forward to you through the newsgroup:

"Chi, Peter Alfke forwarded your request for help on CoolRunner programming through JTAG. Can you tell me more about what you are trying to do ( which parts, what software, cables, etc. that you have). I run the CPLD applications group and either someone on my team, the Configurations Solutions team, or the hotline can give you a hand. Tell me more and I can direct the solution. Jesse Jenkins, Xilinx snipped-for-privacy@xilinx.com "

chi wrote:

Reply to
Peter Alfke

I need to program XCR3256XL and XC2C64 CPLDs'using an embedded controller through JTAG Test Access Port. In XAPP058 application note I have seen CoolRunner Programming Algorithm, but i need more details like how to initialize the device, how to set the device in ISP mode etc.,

regards, Chi

Reply to
chi

ISP mode is enabled by the pin called PORT_EN, just read datasheet.

Laurent

------------ And now a word from our sponsor --------------------- For a secure high performance FTP using SSL/TLS encryption upgrade to SurgeFTP

---- See

----