CoolRunner 2 CPLD

I want to know if the X2c family (coolrunner II) have a non-volatile program memory inside its package: I would like a non-volatile memory (eeprom...) that contains the "programs" also when it's extinguished (and with a number of macrocells comparable with a small/medium fpga). However I would know the name of a low-power, non-volatile program memory family (CPLD). Another question: can I use the XC9500 programmer (seen here:

to program the X2c family (or where I can find some programers for the CPLD package)?

Thanks Duccio

Reply to
Duccio

Yes, the Coolrunners store the configuration in nonvolatile FLASH memory.

The JTAG cable in your link works for programming, but you may have to go back a few Webpack versions. Xilinx has dropped support for the simplest cables from the software. Not sure about this particular one.

Kind regards,

Iwo

Reply to
Iwo Mergler