What does + synthesize to?

Hi all,

Lets assume I'm using a Xilinx Virtex device and I have a VHDL design that includes the following

Kload

Hi Kload!

With no synthesis costraints: carry-ribble-adder, because it's the smallest.

With speed-constraints: Depending on the synthesis tool and target library. Often Carry-Lookahead.

With something like "synthesis pragmas" (supported by Synopsys) you can manually choose the type of adder.

Ralf

Reply to
Ralf Hildebrandt

Well, if you have the tools, why don't you have a look at the results? Just use the Floorplanner or the FPGA Editor.

If nothing helps, try a more recent version. You may wish to have a look at the xilinx home page.

BR Chris

Kload wrote:

Reply to
Christian Schneider