What are IO standard defaults in S3 ?

If you don't specify IO standards, drive etc. in the UCF for a Spartan3, what default settings are used ?

Reply to
Mike Harrison

Symon

Unless you specify otherwise, ISE sets the I/O standard to ...

  • LVCMOS25

  • 12 mA output drive

  • SLOW slew rate.

The output will follow whatever voltage level you have connected to the respective VCCO input. In other words, even if ISE sets the I/O to LVCMOS25 and you have VCCO = 3.3V, the output will drive 3.3V levels.

However, it's best to always set the I/O level appropriately so the software can make sure that all your I/O assignments end up in the proper I/O banks.

Reply to
Steve Knapp (Xilinx Spartan-3 Generation FPGAs)