VoIP on XESS XSB

I'm currently taking a class in embedded system design and we have a major project which involves using the XESS XSB-300E board as the development platform. I was interested in making a very basic VoIP phone using the mic-in and audio out ports and the onboard ethernet. Obviously I am new to the XESS board and was curious as to how difficult this project might be. I don't know if the whole thing can be programmed onto the MicroBlaze core or if certain parts should be done in VHDL. I also am not sure if I could fully implement H.323 or SIP for setting up calls and such. I'm just trying to get a better idea of whether or not I should pursue this project within a semester's time.

Mike

Reply to
Mike