Spartan-3 Starter Kit supplier in the UK?

[ Apologies if this is a frequently asked question but I've been googling for hours and haven't found much info. ]

I'm looking to buy a Spartan-3 Starter Kit:-

in the UK.

The only supplier in the UK with a website is nuhorizons.com and I've seen some warnings about using them.

I'll give Xilinx UK a call tomorrow (or Monday) but I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions for suppliers I can check with.

Or how quick/expensive is it to order from the US and deliver to the UK. Which suppliers would you recommend?

Ta,

-Alex

Reply to
Alex

Memec-Insight should have them (£76.38).

Leon

Reply to
Leon Heller

I managed to find one in the uk on ebay but i suspect that I was just lucky,if you contact one of xilinx's reps in England such as Arrow then they will sell you stuff but you'll be forever fighting them off once they smell money.

Reply to
Jezwold

I have bought ours via their web-shop (our distributor (Austria) recommend it that way). There add up some shipping charges (I think about EUR 30,-), but it worked fine.

Regards,

Thomas

"Alex" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:cu0hm7$vm$ snipped-for-privacy@localhost.localdomain...

Reply to
Thomas Entner

We bought ours directly from the Xilinx website and apart from the additional shipping costs, there were no hidden or extra charges. I think in total we paid around £75.00.

Ben

Reply to
Ben Popoola

I ordered one recently off the xilinx website - only took a few days to arrive ISTR recently (probably here) seeing a well-hidden link on the xilinx site offering the S3 and CPLD devkits together for $99 (i.e. same as the S3 kit alone)

Reply to
Mike Harrison

Alex wrote: [ SNIP original request ]

Thank you for all of the replies. I've ordered directly from Xilinx and I'm looking forward to my new toy arriving.

Ta,

-Alex

Reply to
Alex

arrive

offering the S3 and CPLD

I think it was for visitors of Electronica 2004, the link was open, but hidden.. well in any case that offer isnt valid any more. But maybe there is some other similar offer who knows

Antti

Reply to
Antti Lukats

Did you or anyone else get the now bundled EDK evaluation (and 6.3i ISE evaluation I presume because the 6.3i EDK appears to need it)?

Reply to
nospam

I have not got my EDK either. The Spartan III starter kit came with the ISE eval CD's I emailed the online store on Feb 07, 2005 and got the same answer as Carsten did on Jan 30, 2005 :

"quote" The EDK eval is being sent to all who have purchased the Spartan 3 Starter kit and will begin shipping within the next couple of weeks.

"unquote"

I replied :

On or before Jan 30, 2005, you gave the same exact answer to another customer.My question is, has your schedule slipped.

The answer on Feb 08, 2005 was : The only information I have at this time is what was provided to us by our Marketing group. If possible, please send me your ship to address and ship to address of the other customer.I will then forward that information directly to the department responsible for the eval.

I replied back on Feb 08, 2005 with the information requested. I have yet to receive an answer back as of Feb 10, 2005.

- Newman

Reply to
newman5382

ISE 6.2i?

I got my starter kit from Insight in the UK so I will ask them, from your findings I guess I will be waiting a while.

Reply to
nospam

ISE 6.3i.

Reply to
newman5382

Well i havent heard from them since , but then they said a couple of weeks, its just been 1.5 weeks since ....

I still think its an excellent service (for free) , and hope they ship an ISE 6.3 eval also as it seems that the ISE 6.2 eval that was with the starterkit cant be used for the EDK

Carsten

Reply to
Carsten

The Xilinx online shop still says the starter kit ships with ISE 6.2i which is what mine came with.

Please add to this thread if you have any news, I will if I hear something from my distributor.

Reply to
nospam

Well, I guess they must have shipped me the wrong CD by mistake, cause it says

6.3i. Anyhow, you can get a 60 day ISE6.3 eval CD from the Xilinx Online store for the cost of shipping.

-Newman

Reply to
newman5382

ISE

the ISE

same

by our

ship

have yet

I heard the EDK 6_3 Eval CD's have started to ship.

- Newman

Reply to
Newman

I wrote Xilinx a couple of days ago , and asked if they would ship an ISE 6.3 eval along with the edk 6.3 eval , for all of us that have gotten ISE 6.2 with our starterkit , its my impression you need ISR

6.3 to use EDK 6.3.

The ansver was that they just ship the EDK .......

Thats seems a bit silly , now i have to try to get a new eval (its free) and pay shipment , even though they could just have slipped it into the edk shipment.

Carsten

Reply to
Carsten