virtex 4 configuration error

Hello.

I am trying to use the ML402 virtex4 (SX35) board and facing some problems getting the FPGA to configure. I dont have a PC4 programming cable, and am using the System ACE to do it for me. After i generate a Bitstream (no errors), i put it on the Compact flash and let the system ace program it to the linear (CPLD) flash using the flah programming bitstream provided in the board demo. The programming of the flash finishes fine, but then when i try to have the FPGA configured using the linear FLASH, i never get a "Done" led, and the two "err" leds on the board glow (but really faintly).

The combinations i have seen are these:

  1. system.bit confugures properly, but download.bit (which has its bram updated with the micrblaze software program) does not (giving the faintly glowing err LEDS.

  1. sometimes both system.bit and download.bit fail to configure.

  2. Sometimes, when both fail, if i generate the ACE file, that works.

I am using ISE7.1sp3 with EDK7.1sp2 (latest). I am using the base system builder wizard and only adding peripherals included with the EDK.

Can someone please tell me what i could be doing wrong? What is the meaning of those two "err" leds on the board glowing faintly?

Any help/suggestion appreciated.

Thanks,

-Ab

Reply to