using GNU to compile for PPC405?

Has anybody out there had any luck using GNU tools to compile source code into an ELF file that can be loaded into an ISE or EDK project?

is it possible? easy?

Thanks

Matt

Reply to
Matthew E Rosenthal

EDK ships with GNU tools.

- Peter

Matthew E Rosenthal wrote:

Reply to
Peter Ryser

I know this. For reasons I dont want to get into I cant use EDK. so i wanted to compile with a mostly standard gnu tool chain install.

Thanks

Matt

Reply to
Matthew E Rosenthal

I recently used Dan Kegel's crosstool to build a power PC toolchain, then used that tool chain to build a PPC linux kernel targeted for a V2Pro device. Alas I don't have a dev board to test it (ml300 reference platform), but the initial signs were good.

The ppc compiler distributed with edk is gcc-powerpc-eabi - it should be easy to use crosstool to build this toolchain. I don't have enough experience with the V2Pro PPC core to say if there are any special tricks in the EDK version.

Regards,

John

Reply to
John Williams