NEED HELP PIC12F629 need to compile for different MCU

I need to take my code from a pic12f629 and compile it into a different MCU. I need the msop package and the 12f629 does not offer this. Can someone please tell me if there is software that will help me do this easily, or if someone wants to make extra Christmas money.

Let me know.

Thank you in advance

Reply to
circuitparts

To "compile" you need the source code.

By your statment, you do not have the source, do you ??

So what your asking is, " I would like to steal the binary out of a pic12f629 and re-write it to another processor ".

There are at least two problems with this idea, ( I'll leave the stealing part out of this discussion)

  1. The 12f629 has ports and memory in locations that need to match the code inside it. Finding another processor with those exact locations not be available. PIC processors have a lot of common elements, so it may be easy, may not.

  1. Dis-assembly of the binary removed from the 12f629 is a time consuming task. And it is a manual operation. Understanding what the code does is something that can not be automated.

Googleing "12f629 disassembler" get 10 hits.

This can be done, but it will cost a lot of time for someone to get a usable source file from the binary.

Once there is a source file, that can be assembled into a functional binary back to the 12f629, you can look at "porting" this code to another processor.

Have you located a chip with the msop package ??

Is that chip in the PIC family ??

If not, there is another time consuming project.

Good luck, you're going to need it.

donald

Reply to
donald

Google is so good, if you use it.

Although the PIC12F629 is an up-grade of the PIC12C508 and '509, the program from a PIC12C508 cannot be transferred directly to a PIC12F629 as there are a number of differences between the two chips. The following items cover some of the differences.

Reply to
donald