using generated timing constraints

Can someone point me to a refernce on how to use the generated time specs generated by the Xilinx Translate progman. Example

INFO:XdmHelpers:851 - TNM "GCLK1", used in period specification "TS_GCLK1", was traced into DCM instance "pci_clk_gen/DCM_inst". The following new TNM groups and period specifications were generated at the DCM output(s): (no matching synchronous elements driven by DCM outputs) INFO:XdmHelpers:851 - TNM "GCLK1", used in period specification "TS_GCLK1", was traced into DCM instance "pci_clk_gen/DCM_inst2". The following new TNM groups and period specifications were generated at the DCM output(s): CLKDV: TS_pci_clk_gen_Clock40M=PERIOD pci_clk_gen_Clock40M TS_GCLK1*2.500000 HIGH 50.000000% CLKFX: TS_pci_clk_gen_Clock240M=PERIOD pci_clk_gen_Clock240M

I want to use the timing spec "TS_pci_clk_gen_Clock40M" in my UCF file to group FFS in a FROM-TO statment.

I'm sure this is covered somewhere, i'm just have a hard time finding usefull stuff.

Reply to
bgshea

Nevermind, i had missed a semicolon (;) at the end of the previous line, and i thought the error was due to "TS_pci_clk_gen_Clock40M" not being defined.

If anyone is interested, here is an example UCF snippet

NET "EMIF_inst/WBM_ACK_I" TNM=FFS wbm_inputs; NET "wbs_slave_ram_inst/wbs_control_ram_inst/wb_ack_o" TNM=FFS wbs_outputs; TIMESPEC "TS_pci_clk_gen_Clock40M" = FROM "wbs_outputs" TO "wbm_inputs"

25 ns;
Reply to
bgshea