Urgent Help Needed!!!!!

Hi Friends

Friends, i have been struggling for 1.5 months on a problem.Let me explain u a little bit.

I am working on FPGA implementation of Dijkstra's Shortest Path Algorithm on XILINX 7.1 ISE.Now I hav implemented the code in verilog.The Number of nodes in my case is 256(IF U REQUIRE MY CODE I WILL SEND IT).The tragedy is that the code is working fine but when i m synthesizing it it is giving the following error which i am unable to resolve.

The error is " Portability:3 - This Xilinx application has run out of memory or has encountered a memory conflict. Current memory usage is 1869512 kb. Memory problems may require a simple increase in available system memory, or possibly a fix to the software or a special workaround. To troubleshoot or remedy the problem, first: Try increasing your system's RAM. Alternatively, you may try increasing your system's virtual memory or swap space. If this does not fix the problem, please try the following: Search the Answers Database at support.xilinx.com to locate information on this error message. If neither of the above resources produces an available solution, please use Web Support to open a case with Xilinx Technical Support off of support.xilinx.com. As it is likely that this may be an unforeseen problem, please be prepared to submit relevant design files if necessary. ERROR: XST failed"

My verilog code consists of following operations:

1)Calulating the adjecancy Matrix and Path Matrix. 2)Recursive Algorithm using Task (Palnitkar says that Task and Function is Synthesizable).

Also let me inform u that my code is 100% behavorial.

While synthesizing It shows "Enabling Task " for 8 hrs and then shows above error. If u know anything about the above error please tell me as the deadline is approaching fastly for project submission. Looking for ur help Thanx Saroj mail me at: snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

Reply to
coolsaroj

Try to brake your design into smaller parts. Synthesize every part alone. Try to find the point, where to problem source is located.

Ralf

Reply to
Ralf Hildebrandt

using tasks and recursion in FPGA sounds seeking for trouble -

its never a good idea to use what some HDL "should" be able to support, but only features that are really supported by the tools you are using.

try synplify - XST fails to synthesize Lattice ispTracy core where recursion is used.

but way better NO RECURSION unless you really know what you are doing (and that the tools support it, and that the result is reasonable)

Reply to
Antti

let me inform u that yur english sux in a way that is of ur own making and that probably reflects on your study abilities too.

I am sure that questions posted in good English get 1000 x better response than this deliberate trashing of a difficult but international language and I am sure you could spell I & you if you can spell Xilinx. I bet your English text books and magazines don't spell like you do.

What the hell is with the kids these days that do not want to treat English with a little bit of respect. If I wrote my French or Russian the way so many destroy my language I am sure I would be cursed. If you are smart enough to do EE, the technical English isn't that difficult to atleast to spell words normally even if it is your n'th language. Spell like you see in your books please!

John Jakson

Reply to
JJ

Amen. I think an occasional typo happens, but this complete disregard for manners is deplorable. And: Urgent Help Needed with five exclamation marks is not the way to enlist free assistance. Who is responsible for teaching basic manners these days? It used to be our mothers... Peter Alfke

Reply to
Peter Alfke

Back in the BBS days, you generally just used to get ignored, or flamed to charcoal (In the stricter cases typos/mispellings would even get you some stick :))) if you went online with that kind of language..

Sadly, I'd associate that kind of language abuse as being around the age level of a 15 year old - a level where a person should be expected to be fairly competant with their first language.

my 2c Jeremy

Reply to
Jeremy Stringer

It was never meant to hurt you people.If my "u" instead of "you" caused so much trouble to understand the FPGA problem i mentioned in my post then it is something which nobody on this planet can help you(instead of "u").

Here is another kind of breed like Jeremy which is scared of exclamation marks...unbelievable... Also we are not discussing a particular language here rather we are here to sort out some technical problems so if u know the answer then you are most welcome.Otherwise showing your pedantic nature is not soloicited.

Reply to
coolsaroj

Thank you Saroj for your generosity. If we feel offended by his imbecile spelling, he graciously allows us to shut up. Thanks a million ! Peter

PS. who was it that originally wanted some help from whom?

Reply to
Peter Alfke

Thank you Peter for showing what you are good at.You have provided a new dimension to FPGA related problems. Thank you very much.

Reply to
Chauhan

Chauhan

You are still not getting it. Talk to your professors or project leaders about this thread.

And mentioning your upcoming deadline suggests that you have not collaborated with anyone so far leaving it too late to figure it out. That usually invites a good luck comment, people here are not here to save students from deadlines. BTW where does Palnitkar say that Task and Function are synthesizable, page no please, that would be news to me.

Actually language is very important! It is how we connect with other people well, since we don't see each other face to face. Language is the only way you can persuade perfect strangers to volunteer information, good language skills opens doors, trashy language closes doors. Don't they teach that anymore. First appearance comes through the keyboard.

As for being pedantic, would you call your high school teacher pedantic for the same generous feedback. Pedantic would be if you were taken to task for a trivial spelling mistake or keyboard errors, everyone makes those and most people auto correct for that, but "u", "i", "ur" sticks out like a sore thumb.

If you prefer to use infantile spelling as it seems many recent younger posters do, feel free to continue, it's your life. Would you write your resume or CV that way, perhaps you would, and if so you won't get hired in any advanced English speaking society. I was led to believe that India prided iteslf on having more good English speakers than the mother country, well maybe not.

Netiquete may have gone away in many groups, but it survives pretty well in most of the technical groups that you posted to that have any content value.

In case you didn't know, some groups (but not this one) will play good sport with homework questions, giving almost correct answers with a backward twist.

There is an old rule, lurk for awhile before junping in. Too many old groups are falling apart due to spammage and homework and deliberate bad grammer, but this group is holding on for what its worth.

Also the web can be easily googled these days, it doesn't forget what you post and if your identity can be connected to your posts, might as well play nice.

John

Reply to
JJ

Jhon has added another dimension to fpga.You once again proved that Birds of a feather flock together.This is the characteristic to hide your ignorance and prooving what you know about. Sneezing unnecessarily is not going to help you man.And as you and your fellow partners showed that what a big fuss a bunch of fools can make to a FPGA problem.Forthcoming friends will always remember your contribution to this post.

Reply to
Chauhan

You got two technical answers and one formal hint. Extract the information you need and think about the hint ... and let me give you another hint: It might be not a good idea to shit on the boots of a regular.

Ralf

Reply to
Ralf Hildebrandt

I *sincerely* appreciate the well delivered post by JJ and the continuing push for professionalism from others like Mr. Alfke. JJs post expressed well the opinions of the "ignorant, sneezing, bunch of fools" that will have the opportunity to employ you in the future.

Reply to
John_H

I am quite happy with my flock too, although I fear some regulars have already strayed away due to the trending down.

When we are young, we think we know everything esp we know more than our elders.

When we are older, we just know better.

Anyway google will remember this contribution, not so sure if my memory will!

Reply to
JJ

John-

This is spelled and constructed incorrectly. It should be:

let me inform u that ur english sux and proly reflects on ur study abilities 2

If you're going to use the emerging Internet chat / text messaging dielect of English, then you have to get it right. Otherwise younger engineers -- and some very sharp ones too -- will simply have no respect for your post.

Only half kidding :-)

-Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Brower

Any idea where to find classes on chatonics in the Pacific Northwest?

Reply to
John_H

Well Jeff Brower is absolutely right.Ppl r here to discuss the technical problems and not to discuss the formalities we need to make . John u also asked where Palnitkar said that task is synthesizable? Refer" 2nd edition of Verilog HDL by Palnitkar,Chapter 14 ,Section

14.3.1 ,Page No. 305" u will find that Task is INDEED SYNTHESIZABLE.

And for your kind information I got my code synthesized...Cheers. And I have used Task in my code and it got synthesized.If u need my code i will send it 2 u. No Hard feelings John.

Reply to
Chauhan

Different John. JJ mentioned the syntesizables, I asked about chatonics. You are *seriously* detracting from the technical aspects of discussion; I had a bit of a headache before trying to decipher your chatter. It's seriously grotesque. Why?

Reply to
John_H

Well the above post was adressed not 2 u but 2 JJ definetly.Sorry for giving u headache.

Reply to
Chauhan

No offense to you man, but I am a student as well. You must understand how important it is with communication. I read somewhere that the biggest problems with engineering grads is that they can not communicate effectively. This means poor writing or language skills. I do chat as you do with my friends on MSN, but when I come to post here I use proper English and sentence structure (well try). Just use proper structure and think of it as practice for your future career (perhaps you will stand out from the rest) :).

Plus a lot of the posters here are from a different generation, it is likely they will be unable to comprehend what you are saying.

-Isaac

PS: Google Groups really is terrible. Does anyone know of any free newsservers? My ISP (Rogers) dropped USENET a few months and didnt lower my monthly fee....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am looking for summer employment in the Toronto, Canada area If you have any openings contact me at isaacb[AT]rogers[DOT]com.

Reply to
Isaac Bosompem