xilinx ngdbuild old command flow problem

I'm using ise webpack 6.2.03i through wine on redhat 9.

After xst, when I tried to run ngdbuild i got the follwing message:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------- FATAL_ERROR:NgdBuild:basnbmain.c:2531:1.90.4.3 - An error has occured in initializing the ngdbuild scripting system. Please set the 'XIL_NGDBUILD_OLDFLOW' environment variable to '1' to resolve this problem, or update the Xilinx tool installation. The following scripting error was reported: 'couldn't read file "/auto/wine-windows/ise6/bin/xilinx-init.tcl": no such file or directory'. Process will terminate. To resolve this error, please consult the Answers Database and other online resources at

If you need further assistance, please open a Webcase by clicking on the "WebCase" link at

--------------------------------------------------------------------------- I have to use "setenv XIL_NGDBUILD_OLDFLOW 1" to let it run through "old command flow".

I'm pretty sure I can read file "xilinx-init.tcl". I found nothing on support.xilinx.com about that.

Am I missing some steps? I ran ngdbuild right after xst. I can ran that using ise GUI w/o problem.

Or does I miss any file in linux? I just copied the whole folder of ise6 to my linux machine.

Anybody has any suggestion for that?

Thanks,

PZ

Reply to
Pine

You really need to run the Webpack installer under Wine.

--
My real email is akamail.com@dclark (or something like that).
Reply to

Duane, thanks for your help.

So you means I need to re-install webpack through wine? Or I just need to run that .xinstall/setup.exe.

I wonder if you know any specific file I missed under wine (Did installer put some files under system32)? Then I can copy them and try.

Thanks a lot,

Reply to
Pine

You should run the entire installer.

The installer puts a lot of registry entries in the registry. I suspect that is the problem, though I don't know for sure. In general, the main the you want to copy over from Windows is msvcrt.dll, and configure Wine to use it.

I guess I don't understand why you would not want to run the installer. It only takes a couple of minutes.