urgent help needed in 8051 project

my Project based on 8051 microcontoller i have to sense temperature then store the result in pc & dispLAY it on

7-seg. first sensor will sense temp then adc(0804) will convert it in dgital value and it display result 7-seg and store it on pc it on . so i have to interface adc ,7seg with 8051. i have to develop assembly language code for it also SO PLEASE HELP ME OUT AND PROVIDE ABOVE INFORMATION.
Reply to
gagan

How far have you got with your project? Have you got a hardware /PCB design? Interrupt driven or polled?

you could start here

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

The 8051 is very popular ... you can probably find interfacing related projects online.

I think

... if memory serves me right

Reply to
pronforall

Sorry... I don't do homework any more... Been there, done that.

--
Dave M
MasonDG44 at comcast dot net  (Just substitute the appropriate characters in the

gagan scrobe on the papyrus:

I DON'T DO HOMEWORK EITHER, BUT I CAN SHOUT JUST AS LOUD AS YOU!!!!

--
John B
Reply to

I'm always puzzled by requests to DO your homework for you.

With that kind of an attitude might I suggest another trade... PERHAPS you are capable of flipping burgers ?:-)

However I want every other student lurking here to know... if you show that you exerted some considerable effort and are simply hung up or confused on one or two points, feel free to post your query!

...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Most people using 8051's need urgent help. Use a PIC instead.

--
Many thanks,

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Don Lancaster

AAAAAAAAAAAAAuuuuuuuuuugggggg !!!!!!

Reply to
Donald

to jim thompson u r simply a bloody basrered if u cant help a needy one then shut up ur mouth

Reply to
gagan

Illiterate trash.

PLONK.

prove it.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Yeah. What's up with all the 8051-related "emergencies"? One would think that those schools have not heard that other uC's have come along. (Oh ... I think I understand now: probably too much of the budget is spent on PC's, so not enough left over to buy more convenient - and in certain cases more capable - uC's and associated development tools.)

That said, a former colleague of mine with nearly 40 years in the mainframe and PC server business still uses 8051 (w/ BASIC!!) for his projects. He used a FLASH uC (Atmel) for the first time fairly recently (at work) and couldn't stop commenting on how much faster development goes when you aren't constantly loading the EPROM eraser.

Reply to
Michael

Wire the ADC data and conversion start pins to the 8051. Wire the 7 segment segment and digit select lines to the 8051. Learn how to get data from the ADC. Learn how to turn on segments of the displays and multiplex the digits Build a lookup table to convert numbers to segments Write a routine to convert ADC values to decimal numbers At the end of your routine, jump back to the start. etc

Reply to
cs_posting

There are a lot of 8051 trainer boards floating around. I don't think it makes much difference so long as you actually learn to use one micro or another (and not just ripping off code from someone who has actually absorbed the information and knows how to program). Except perhaps the PIC, which, like BASIC, can actually cause the premature death of otherwise potentially useful brain cells.

Well, ARM is the 8051 of the current century.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

gagan scrobe on the papyrus:

A really good way to get help.

--
John B
Reply to

Well, I've actually _used_ an 8051, and I lament the loss of the Motorola

68HC series. I've been reading about PICs for a couple of years now, and it looks like even more of a programming nightmare than the 8051. =:-O

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

that

think I

enough

and

and

stop

Sure you didn't just misplace it?

The newer higher-end ones are not as horrible as the older ones.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Well, I do still have a 68HC05 development board, but at Digi-Key, the chip that used to be about eighty-nine cents a pop is now five bucks! )-;

?Ref=437932&Site=US&Cat=33620896

Thanks! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise