ERROR message when programming FPGA with Altium Designer 2004

Hi @ll,

I'm new in FPGA Design. For my student research project I try to start running the Altium NanoBoard-NB1 with an Xilinx SPARTAN-IIE FPGA chip on it. I'm working with the Altium Designer 2004. I have also installed the XILINX ISE WebPack 8.1i, in order to be able to program the FPGA on the daughterboard. After translating the design an error message is displayed as follows:

ERROR:Portability:90 - Command line error: Switch "-quiet" is not allowed

Do I have to change any setting for the NGDBuild Option?

Thanks for any help

Nils

Reply to
Nils

"Nils" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...

yes probably = DXP2004 uses switches not any more available in current releases of ISE so you need a workaround

Antti

Reply to
Antti Lukats

it sounds good, but how could this workaround look like? i have no ideas what i can do. there are a few checkboxes in the option menu but i can't find a topic which matches with my problem. :( and even in the xilinx design environment i couldn't find a topic.

Reply to
Nils

Check out the DefaultScript_Xilinx_MAP.txt file in the System directory of your Altium installation. I believe you can comment-out this option with "#"... not that I've tried it myself.

Failing that, try the DXP forums at Altium.com.

Regards, Mark

Reply to
Mark McDougall

I think that you will find that Altium doesn't support 8.1 They will tell you on the forum. They are usually a rev behind for some time.

Simon

Reply to
Simon Peacock

Simon you're right. To solve this problem it is suggested to upgrade to the Designer 6. The other option is, to install xilinx ise 7.1 which is the option i chose.

Nils

Reply to
Nils