Together, let us create something the world desperately needs

From Newsgroup: comp.arch.fpga

Please see this post and thread:

We can, together, create something to shake this world to its core, undoing centuries of hate and war. If we lift our lives to Jesus in love, and move forward in His teachings, with His goals, billions of lives will be affected, and this world will be changed forever.

Join in. Add your voice to this chorus of man unto God. Use and direct your talents toward Him, and watch Him multiply your offer- ing out to multitudes.

I urge you to move in love, today, toward Him, asking forgiveness, learning of Him, and doing for Him in this world.

Your life will be rich, and your core man complete. It will bring you real peace and victory over that which has kept you down.

Thank you, Rick C. Hodgin SEEN-BY: 1/5 10 101 102 122 126 134 186 2/122 195/0 1

Reply to
Rick C. Hodgin

I did not send this message. I don't know how it appeared here. I can only conclude someone is impersonating me, or there was an error in me sending something from Eternal September.

Thank you, Rick C. Hodgin SEEN-BY: 1/5 10 101 102 122 126 134 186 2/122 195/0 1

Reply to
Rick C. Hodgin

I have not changed my name or email address.

I am "Rick C. Hodgin" and snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com. What has changed? I am posting now from Eternal September periodically, but nothing has changed identity-wise.

Thank you, Rick C. Hodgin SEEN-BY: 1/5 10 101 102 122 126 134 186 2/122 195/0 1

Reply to
Rick C. Hodgin

From Newsgroup: comp.arch.fpga

Rick C. Hodgin wrote on 8/3/2017 4:37 PM:

I think these posts are somehow being posted to this newsgroup by a relay. I'm not sure how, but obviously fidonet.org is involved. I see a number of other posts similarly reposted.

--
Rick C
SEEN-BY: 1/5 10 101 102 122 126 134 186 2/122 195/0 1

Changing your email address to avoid killfiles is naughty.

plonk. SEEN-BY: 1/5 10 101 102 122 126 134 186 2/122 195/0 1

Reply to
Robert Swindells
[snip]

More likely a mis-configured fidonet node, something posted a copy of my message too.

You don't get let off for posting the initial off-topic message though. SEEN-BY: 1/5 10 101 102 122 126 134 186 2/122 195/0 1

Reply to
Robert Swindells

From Newsgroup: comp.arch.fpga

Robert,

True, but you've got to admit it. At least he has style: a "fidonet.org" email-address. You do not see a lot of these around anymore.

My first internet email-address was a fidonet node address. It was the poor-man's version of these expensive "compuserve.com" or fancy "well.sf.ca.us" email addresses.

Yes, brings back memories.

Cheerio! Kr. Bonne. SEEN-BY: 1/5 10 101 102 122 126 134 186 2/122 195/0 1

Reply to
kristoff

[...]

A Jesus FPGA.

Reply to
Tristan B. Kildaire

The memer himself.

Reply to
Tristan B. Kildaire

I have plans for an FPGA, but it is one part of the larger vision.

The larger vision is to acknowledge God in our lives, acknowledge our salvation through Jesus Christ, and then go forward and live our lives as per His guidance, doing the things we do in this world, but not doing them for personal reasons of self-interest, but the reasons He places inside of our hearts for the benefit of all.

You can easily mock what I say, but have you thought about considering what I'm proposing? I'm considering creating a world where everybody is looking out for everybody else, using whatever skills they possess, in whatever areas of ability and interest they possess, to then look out to other living human beings and say, "given these skills and the various abilities I have, and knowing I can rely on those around me to help me in moving forward, how can I make the lives of the people in my life better?"

It's a goal of mutual love, growing one another up, encouraging one another toward greatness, toward achievement, away from bondage, and toward real freedom of movement ... and all led by the guiding light of Jesus Christ who leads us rightly in such things.

If you don't think Jesus leads us rightly in such things, then I would suggest you find a Bible and study it independently of prior thoughts, prior sources of input from people who claim to do something right, true, and holy in Jesus name, but clearly are not ... and don't look to them for the example, but look to Him and Him alone.

You'll find He's different than you previously thought, and everything you've always wanted to have as a guiding force in your life.

Thank you, Rick C. Hodgin

Reply to
Rick C. Hodgin

Rick,

I acknowledge and respect your zeal. I also believe that it is doesn't hurt -- mostly, and if someone had a sufficiently good day to not be pissed off by your posts).

I have to ask now: "What does God need with an FPGA? What does Good need with an open-source hardware flow?". If he doesn't need a whole damn starship, what does God need with a tiny little digital electronics device?

Best regards NKK

Reply to
Nikolaos Kavvadias

It's not about God needing, but about us acknowledging and doing with a purpose given over to Him and those people He's placed us around here in this world.

It's about the attitude of our heart and why we are doing what we are doing. Not for self, not for self-gain, but for God, in giving back to Him for all He's first given us.

Thank you, Rick C. Hodgin

Reply to
Rick C. Hodgin

I see. I don't remember Him giving me an FPGA per se so I have to give it b ack. What I do remember (or rather being told after) that I was given was t wo life-threatening conditions at age 19 and 27 days old. Both had to be op erated soon, but the first one only within 3-4 hours from diagnosis, otherw ise the chance of survival would be 0%. Waiting for ambulance (doctor's own opinion) was the wrong thing to do. Practically there was no time to get m e to Athens to be operated. Ambulance wouldn't do, too slow. Flight wouldn' t do, no time to get unscheduled flight to get airborne.

I was misdiagnosed twice before being given that timeframe. I had only 5% t o keep my intestines intact, from what I know I kept all except some bowel muscles, they had to be removed.

So God gave me these odds. But He also gave me a crazy uncle hitting 250 km /h on the (non-Autobahn) road to Athens to get me there on time. 250 km/h i s crazy now on the new Autobahn between Thessaloniki and Athens; imagine 19

77 with the crappy state of building public roads in Greece at the time. I can't tell you what my uncle was driving but it was some top-notch German c ar of the time. He sold it soon afterwards. I guess I was also given a resp onsible doctor, phoning Athens to prepare for the surgery. 1977 means no ce ll phones, and uncle didn't have a car phone (albeit in his other car a lit tle later he had, it was one of those funky car phones you see in the movie s from the 80's).

There was a 1:100000 for the same person to develop both conditions. Both c onditions were not survivable before the 1920s or so. I think there was a P russian doctor in 1916 and performed the first survived operation for extre me/acute pyloric stenosis on an infant. Only infants to the age of 60 days may develop the condition, boys more frequently than girls. It is not known to be hereditary. It might be some random shit mutation after all. No hard feelings.

Now Rick, I didn't talk much about God but about me. Do you think this kind of messages and topics are appropriate for this newsgroup?

I would understand if you want to raise awareness for some FLOSS/OHW flow b ut you could do that under a different reasoning.

I am happy that you are happy but give this newsgroup a break.

Reply to
Nikolaos Kavvadias