Tcl - Xilinx - ISE - WindowsXP

Hello, I started to learn tcl for support my design work. I try to use Xilinx' tools without GUI. I can't find method to config "Generate Programming File" bitgen tool in tcl shell. One way I find is manual editing *.ut file then: %exec bitgen -f pname.ut Is there the other way?

Regards,

Jerzy Gbur

Reply to
jerzy.gbur

Hi Jerzy!

I'm not 100% sure what you're looking for, but you can set/configure the "Generate Programming File" (and others) with TCL commands like the following ones:

project set {Signature /User Code} {0831} -process {Generate Programming File} project set {Create Binary Configuration File} 1 -process {Generate Programming File} project set {Done (Output Events)} 5 -process {Generate Programming File}

XST is quite delicate about the name of an entry. I'd paste the commands into the GUI's shell and check whether they have any effect in the dialogs.

Cheers Arnim

Reply to
Arnim

Hello Arnim,

Thank you. It's exactly what I've looked for. It works. I've checked now that "project properties" lists all configuration options. I have no idea I couldn't find it yesterday.

Greetings,

Jerzy Gbur

Reply to
jerzy.gbur

Hi all! Next problem with Tcl.

  1. I've got something like that in the script:

  1. And I get this answer:

tasks 1 - expected 0

It happens not every time. Sometimes it works. I use Tcl in ISE Window, not from system command line. It seems like tasks colision. Have you got any idea, how to walkaround that?

Greetings,

Jerzy Gbur

Reply to
jerzy.gbur