SUNDANCE FPGA CONFIGURATION

Hi, has anybody worked with a fgpa/dsp board solution from "sundance"? I need some information about the configuration and "bitstream download" in those boards. In the web, they say that you need Code Composer Studio for the DSP and 3L Diamond for FPGA but I want to know if some other tools like ISE, XPS and IMPACT can be used for that.

The reference is

Thanks.

Reply to
Pablo

Yes, you can use Impact to configure the FPGA via a header on the board (well, you can on the SMT374 - I assume the ithers can as well).

If you want a standalone boot, you need to program the DSP to configure the FPGA by bitbanging.

You don't *need8 the 3L diamond stuff. You do need CCS if you want to write code for the DSP.

We did this - we use the SMT374 for an embedded automotive image processing platform - we use none of Sundance's stuff at all!

Cheers, Martin

--
martin.j.thompson@trw.com
http://www.conekt.net/electronics.html

Thank you. I don't know the board in particular, but that is a DSP-FPGA Hybrid. I have some practice with a Xilinx kit (Spartan 3e Starter kit) and I hoped that it could serve me.

With respect to DSP I have CCS 3.1 and I only have to take some practice to program the FGPA. Do you know any book or manual about this?.

Thanks, again.

Pablo

Reply to
Pablo

If you mean the bitbanging part - Sundance have sample code IIRC and it was fairly simple.

You have to get the bitstream into your application somehow - we have a python script which takes the bitstream and creates a .c file with a big array full of numbers!

HTH!

Martin