Read back FPGA configuration

Hello, I'm trying to readback the configuration file of an FPGA. Does anybody has ideas about how would be the best way to do it? I'm trying to use iMPACT command readbackToFile and I get the following error: // *** BATCH CMD : readbackToFile -p 1 -f remay ERROR:iMPACT:1353 - ACD entry READBACK_PROGRESS_COUNT not found for device family xc2s200e. EXCEPTION:iMPACT:ConstraintsManager.c:394:1.34.2.1 - Data not found.

Any ideas??

Thanks! Alonzo.

Reply to
alonzo

Neil Glenn Jacobson

All,

Neil is right, that the ISE tools do not support readback (only verify). But the silicon can (of course) read back its bitstream to any device that is programmed to provide the necessary commands to the device to do so (otherwise, how would verify work at all?).

For example, the Rosetta experiment uses JTAG readback to find soft errors caused by cosmic ray neutron showers.

(by the way,

is a cool way to minimize the pain of long URLs)

Aust> Sadly, FGPA readback is not supported at all. You can, however, perform

Reply to
Austin Lesea

Yes, but please include the full URL too. You never know when some nice service might vanish.

In this case, it's:

Hal Murray

Hal,

They claim it never goes away. (Until they go out of business....)

I'll post both, but I have received back that the long ones are useless to most folks as they can't cut and paste them back together sometimes for their browser of choice.

Aust>>(by the way,

is a cool way to minimize the pain of

Austin Lesea

Thanks for the answer guys. Is there any other way (tool) to accomplish the readback? I've been trying using JTAG tools (a openwice project) which is nice and neat, but it does lack of documentation and is taking me too much time to program the subrutines for xilinx devices (JTAG tools doesn't support Virtex at the moment). Austin,I read the article, very nice. Actually I need this readback stuff because I'm trying to implement something similar, kind of an artificial SEU generator, a SEU simulator if you wish. Any suggestion would be great! Alonzo.

Reply to
alonzo

it maybe tedious but it is always possible to cut&paste into a text editor to fix it up and then paste the whole thing to the browser. i can't believe there are browser which prevent a whole url to be pasted to the link box.

mk,

It may be possible, but not all folks have the skill.....(believe it or not).

Aust> >

Reply to
Austin Lesea