scrambling

Hi all,

I need a VHDL source code scrambler/descrambler. Polyn : x ^ 7 + x ^ 6 + 1

I found some information on web (LFSR xilinx, etc...), but I have some problem with my example.

Thanks a lot for any reply about this subject (web, litteratur,vhdl code...). Brian

Reply to
brian

That's the SONET/SDH scrambler polynomial. I guess it could be also used in other applications. Data rates vary from 50-ish Mb/s to

40Gb/s. The rate will determine the sort of hardware implementation.

Can you tell us a little more about your application? Things like data rate, bus width, clock rate, whether the scrambler needs to be reset (it does for SONET), whether the receiver has a self synchronising descrambler, etc.

Xilinx XAPP651 might give you some ideas.

Regards, Allan

Reply to
Allan Herriman

...how many credit points it's worth...