regarding the usage of tri mode EMAC on virtex 4

Hi, I am trying to establish communication between PC and Virtex4 FX 12 mini module from

I am new to this task I am really not sure where to start.Can some one suggest me what is the starting point to this one. Things I would like to know are,Do I need any knowledge of networking(ethernet communication) protocols for understanding the operation of Tri mode EMAC core?Once I generate the core using Xilinx core generator it is generating an example design, What parts do I need to modify so that I can use it for my designs?It is generating lot of VHDL files and I don't know where my design will fit into this? Can somone kindly suggest and help me with this issue. Thanks for the response,

Ramakrishna Bachimachi

Reply to
bachimanchi