Detachable Virtex-II Pro/Virtex-4 FX module with Rocket I/O

Hi, I am searching for a detachable Virtex-II Pro or a Virtex-4 FX series FPGA with rocket I?O capability. I do not want a huge evaluation board. After I program the FPGA and the Rocket I/O, I need to detach the board/mini-module. Please let me know if you are aware of such mini-modules. Thanks, Vivek

Reply to
Vivek Menon

Hi, I am searching for a detachable Virtex-II Pro or a Virtex-4 FX series FPGA with rocket I?O capability. I do not want a huge evaluation board. After I program the FPGA and the Rocket I/O, I need to detach the board/mini-module. Please let me know if you are aware of such mini-modules. Thanks, Vivek

Reply to
Vivek Menon

Hi, I am searching for a detachable Virtex-II Pro or a Virtex-4 FX series FPGA with rocket I?O capability. I do not want a huge evaluation board. After I program the FPGA and the Rocket I/O, I need to detach the board/mini-module. Please let me know if you are aware of such mini-modules. Thanks, Vivek

Reply to
Vivek Menon

I don't understand what you want to do. You need to provide more details if anyone is to be able to help you.

Ed McGettigan

-- Xilinx Inc.

Reply to
Ed McGettigan

Hi Ed, I recently bought the Virtex-4 FX12 mini-module from Avnet and used it to implement some designs(ref:

The mini-module has advantages(I presume) due to its smaller size and can be easily removed from the base-board. After implementing high speed designs on Virtex-II Pro using Rocket I/O(reference: Virtex-II Pro FF672 dev board from Xilinx), I would like to acquire a similar kind of mini-module that has the Virtex-II Pro or Virtex-4 FX FPGA with the Rocket I/O ports on the mini-module. It eases the problems while showing a demo and moreover clients are impressed with the small form factor of the mini-modules as compared to the huge evaluation boards. I hope this description is adequate. Please let me know if you know of any such boards. Thank you, Vivek

Ed McGettigan wrote:

Reply to
Vivek Menon

Vivek

We have some V2Pro designs that we have done that might be adapted and some plans on the V4 side that might be close to what you want. Not for public consumption at present but we can talk about what you need offline. Use any of the public email addresses on our website and make it for my attention and it will be passed to me.

John Adair Enterpoint Ltd. - Home of Hollybush1. The PC104+ Solution.

John Adair