regarding post place and route timing simulation steps........

hi all,

i wanted to do the post place and route timing simulation in modelsim.

i have got the files form the xilinx ise and i copied both
*_timesim.sdf and  *_timesim.vho file into the RTL folder for my
simulation. what else i need to have for the post place and route
timing simulation. i have written a test bench for my design. do i
need to edit it for the post p&r timing simulation. when i need to
select *.sdf file (i think during the simulation).

i need to know what files i need for the timing simulation and steps
that are followd for the simulation. i have gone through the
appilcation notes but still i feel i am lost some where.

regards
srik

Re: regarding post place and route timing simulation steps........

I would defer learning how to do this until
I had a working functional simulation
and static timing analysis.
These are much more useful skills.

The odds of my new code having a bug are high.
The odds that synthesis made a mistake are low.

           -- Mike Treseler

Re: regarding post place and route timing simulation steps........
On Jul 9, 5:35 am, " snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com"
what else i need to have for the post place and route

Hi Srik,

I would follow what Mike says first. After the RTL passes, to setup
for timing simulation out of PN, please see here

http://www.xilinx.com/xlnx/xil_ans_display.jsp?iLanguageID=1&iCountryID=1&getPagePath18%216

Thanks
Duth

Re: regarding post place and route timing simulation steps........
what else i need to have for the post place and route

Thanks alot mike and duth...
i got it how it can be done. thank you ....

regards
srik

Site Timeline