regarding post place and route timing simulation steps........

hi all,

i wanted to do the post place and route timing simulation in modelsim.

i have got the files form the xilinx ise and i copied both

*_timesim.sdf and *_timesim.vho file into the RTL folder for my simulation. what else i need to have for the post place and route timing simulation. i have written a test bench for my design. do i need to edit it for the post p&r timing simulation. when i need to select *.sdf file (i think during the simulation).

i need to know what files i need for the timing simulation and steps that are followd for the simulation. i have gone through the appilcation notes but still i feel i am lost some where.

regards srik

Reply to
ekavirsrikanth

I would defer learning how to do this until I had a working functional simulation and static timing analysis. These are much more useful skills.

The odds of my new code having a bug are high. The odds that synthesis made a mistake are low.

-- Mike Treseler

Reply to
Mike Treseler

what else i need to have for the post place and route

Hi Srik,

I would follow what Mike says first. After the RTL passes, to setup for timing simulation out of PN, please see here

Thanks Duth

Reply to
Duth

what else i need to have for the post place and route

Thanks alot mike and duth... i got it how it can be done. thank you ....

regards srik

Reply to
ekavirsrikanth