reduce EDK synthesis time

Hello, i'm working on microblaze project (using ISE 10.1) and obviously adding peripheral the EDK synthesis takes a long time.

There's a method or tool to improve this time?? I've tried the -smartguide switch but it doesn't work, i'm trying using partition?. Have you any regard?

Sorry for my english i'm foreign.

catto

ISE 13.1 is much faster than ISE 10.1 so if you're starting a new design you might consider using ISE 13.1 Furthermore, Xilinx has improved EDK a lot.

Reply to
Benjamin Couillard

I would say that for synthesis in general, the speedup is about 2x between version 10.1 and 13.1

Reply to
Benjamin Couillard

EDK 13.2 now also adds support for parallel synthesis, which can give a big speed up if your computer has more than one CPU. You can enable it from:

XPS->Preferences->Synthesis->[x]Parallel Synthesis

Nice feature :)

Stephen Ecob Silicon On Inspiration Sydney Australia

$39 Spartan 6 board with 32MB DDR DRAM ?

Steve

Echoing what others have said. You should really use versions greater than

11.4. This is because Xilinx changed a lot of the backend algorithms. ISE is now noticeably faster than
Reply to
fpga_me