EDK IPIF Wizard : How to get started?

Hi, I'm new to embedded development so I hope you will excuse my possibly stupid questions.

I would like to add a custom peripheral to my MicroBlaze design in EDK 6.3. I have simple GCD algorithm given in VHDL that I would like to interface with the MicroBlaze using the OPB bus.

I have used the "Create and Import Peripheral Wizard" to generate a skeleton for an OPB interface. The result of runnig the wizard is a collection of files that I need to edit in order to interface the bus with my GCD coprocessor. I have been toying around with these files for quite a few hours now and I have gotten nowhere. In this regard I have several questions that I would love to get answered..

First, are there any examples (or documentation= of how to interface the files produced by the wizard with a custom design?

Second, which of the files the wizard created for me should I be editing ? Currently I am adding the "generic paramters" to the "mydesign-imp.vhd" file and doing the interfacing in the "user_logic-imp.vhd" file.

Third, I have connected the "Bus2IP_Clk" and "Bus2IP_Reset" signals to the clock and reset ports of my GCD processor but if i try to "implement design" in ISE

6.3 I get errors about "multiple drivers" and "illegal connections". Why is that ? .. should I not synthesis the peripheral using ISE 6.3 ?

Finally, do any of you know of a webpage containing resources regarding peripheral development ?

Thanks, Peter

Reply to
Peter Soerensen