Reciprocal of improper fraction by using Divider ipcore

Hello everyone, I have run into a problem when i was using the Piplined Divider ipcore(ISE7.1i). I wanna utilize it to calculate the reciprocal 1/X.As the Data Sheet describes,I input divident 01(signed) and a random divisor which is improper fraction. The divisor's bitwidth I assumed is 17,with binary point is 10,and the remainder's bitwidth is 17. However,the bitsteam inputed to divisor is treated as signed integer.So the precision of result is warped. There is another but worse problem.When the divisor becomes small,such as 0.02,the result is absolutely wrong.I think this is the problem of overflow. Are there any good methods to deal with these prob?

Regards

Reply to
Joey Martin