Published Verilog code: Timing improvement and FWFT FIFOs

Hello,

I'd just like to announce, that I've published three Verilog modules, which use a common FIFO to create another, modified FIFO. These modules are actually wrappers.

There are two objectives for this:

  1. Improving timing by putting registers on rd_en and dout, while presenting the same signal interface to the design which uses the wrapped FIFO. In other words, if a FIFO becomes involved in critical paths, this could be a quick solution (at the cost of some extra logic).
  2. Using a regular FIFO to make a FWFT (First Word Fall Through) FIFO.

I wrote these wrappers as a result of abandoning the Virtex-4's FIFO16, being left with sliced-based FIFO's, which were too slow.

The material can be found at

Regards, Eli

Reply to
Eli Billauer