propagation delay

hi

I am doing a research on comparing the different design methodologies for vhdl with altera maxplus2 and xilinx ise webpack software.

I am trying to find out the propagation delay ie maximum delay parameter in the synthesis report from altera maxplus2 but couldnt find it?can any body of u help me in this regard? in the maxplus2 there is one option

assign > global project timing requirements..

here we need to enter the value of the propagation time.but i thought it is some value which is decided after the design is synthesized and is available in the synthesis report as in xilinx ise webpack......

some light on this topic will be of great help to me .

thank you

shahab

Reply to
Shahab47

Shahab,

I suggest using the Altera Quartus II web edition software instead of Maxplus II because it has a much better and clearer timing analysis. Quartus is free to use and you can download it at:

Good luck.

Chris

Reply to
Chris

Shahab,

I suggest using the Altera Quartus Web Edition which free and downloadable at the Altera website. Quartus has a better timing report feature than Maxplus II.

Hope that helps.

Chris

Reply to
Chris

Chris.

I would love to do that...but actually i m in the middle of a comparative study between altera maxplus2 and xilinx ise webpack....and i need to compare these two softwares...so ihave to find a way in maxplus2 only...

can u provide me with some tip ?

thanks shahab

Reply to
Shahab47