remove Xilinx webtalk

Hi,

How do I remove webtalk in Xilinx 13.1, I do run all the tools from a script not from GUI?

I did run a trail license at first but now I have a proper flexlm license!

/michael

Reply to
Michael

BOMK the latest release you cannot remove webtalk. Nothing is ever truly free. To remove webtalk you need to purchase one of the non-free version, example Logic ISE.

Chris

Reply to
Christopher Felton

I know, I'am also married ;)

But I have a purchaed license(embedded edition) now which runs and checksout fine from the flexlm server!!

So it must be possible to remove webtalk!

/michael

Reply to
Michael

Yes, agree it should be removable in that case.

I don't know exactly what needs to be done. But I have had issues in the past moving from webpack to licensed or licensed to webpack. I have had to, best I could, try to start from scratch and install ISE on a clean machine. Remove the previous version and reinstall the new.

Chris

Reply to
Christopher Felton

ly

Look at "Setting WebTalk Preferences" on this page to see if that helps:

Regards,

John McCaskill

John McCaskill

This is a server based install where we NFS mouting to the clients.

/michael

Reply to
Michael

Excellent edaadm@eda06 $ /opt/eda/xilinx/ise/alliance_13.1/ISE_DS/ISE/bin/lin64/xwebtalk -help Release 13.1 - WebTalk O.40d (lin64) Copyright (c) 1995-2011 Xilinx, Inc. All rights reserved. Usage: xwebtalk [-user on|off] [-install on|off] [-info]

-user value Turns on or off WebTalk per user basis. Options: "on", "off" -user on: Turns on WebTalk per user basis. -user off: Turns off WebTalk per user basis.

-install value Turns on or off WebTalk per install basis. Options: "on", "off" -install on: Turns on WebTalk per install basis. -install off: Turns off WebTalk per install basis.

-info Checks the current status of WebTalk settings.

edaadm@eda06 $ /opt/eda/xilinx/ise/alliance_13.1/ISE_DS/ISE/bin/lin64/xwebtalk -info Release 13.1 - WebTalk O.40d (lin64) Copyright (c) 1995-2011 Xilinx, Inc. All rights reserved.

INFO:WebTalk:6 - WebTalk User setting is ON. INFO:WebTalk:8 - WebTalk Install setting is ON.

NOTE: WebTalk is always enabled for WebPACK users. WebTalk ignores user and install preference when a bitstream is generated using the WebPACK license. If a design is using a device contained in WebPACK and a WebPACK license is available, the WebPACK license will always be used. To change this, please see Answer Record 34746.

rm ~/.Xilinx/Common/13.1/webtalk

And then xwebtalk -install off xwebtalk -user off

edaadm@eda06 $ /opt/eda/xilinx/ise/alliance_13.1/ISE_DS/ISE/bin/lin64/xwebtalk -info Release 13.1 - WebTalk O.40d (lin64) Copyright (c) 1995-2011 Xilinx, Inc. All rights reserved.

INFO:WebTalk:7 - WebTalk User setting is OFF. INFO:WebTalk:8 - WebTalk Install setting is OFF.

NOTE: WebTalk is always enabled for WebPACK users. WebTalk ignores user and install preference when a bitstream is generated using the WebPACK license. If a design is using a device contained in WebPACK and a WebPACK license is available, the WebPACK license will always be used. To change this, please see Answer Record 34746. edaadm@eda06 $

Much thanks again :)

cheers

michael

Reply to
Michael

wireshark showed that webchat uses curl to access "

HTTP/1.1\r\n". For some reason I can't turn off webchat even though I have a full licenses. Setting http_proxy, https_proxy and ftp_proxy at least blocked Xilinx's bigbrother-ware.

Reply to
Anon675301

webtalk uses curl under the covers, so setting http_proxy, https_proxy and ftp_proxy will at least block Xilinx's bigbrother-ware.

Reply to
Anon675301